Curriculum for becoming an MLD teacher
Requirements for authorizations for for Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 teachers.
1. Requirements for becoming an MLD teacher:
- 4-week training in Dr. Vodder's MLD; (Level 1 – Level 3)
- followed by 2 years of clinical work;
- verification of acquired technique in Review course or in 1-week course with a director (same price as Review);
- documentation (case reports) of 5 patients – submitted in English or German.
2. A member of the Board will decide on admission to teacher training.
- Requirements for Level 1 Course:
Assistance in at least 5 courses whereof at least 2 must be with a Level 2 teacher and 1 in a Director (6 assistance assignments in total). Successful examination with director within 24 months.
- Requirements for Level 2:
Level 1 classl teacher having taught 10 or more Level 1 classes autonomously. Assistance in at least 3 Level 2 classes whereof at least 1 must be with a director. Successful examination with director within 24 months.
- Requirements for Level 3:
Level 2 teacher having taught 10 or more Level 2 classes autonomously. Assistance in at least 4 Level 3 classes whereof 2 must be with a director and the last such assistance must involve autonomous teaching in the practical module. Successful examination with director within 24 months.
- Requirements for Esthetician Advanced Course Neck and Face or Advanced Course Body:
Level 1 teacher having taught 10 or more Level 1 autonomously, assistance in at least 3 Advanced Neck/Face courses or 3 Advanced Body courses whereof 1 must be with at least a director. Successful examination with director within 18 months.
4. Additional requirements for teachers who intend to teach Level 3:
- candidates must take a theoretical examination exactly as in Level 3 (also possible within a Review) – and score 90%;
- they must work at least 1 week as assistant teachers (in 2nd or 3rd assistance) at the Dr. Vodder Academy Walchsee (Level 3);
- they should spend 4 weeks of clinical internship at the Lymphedema Clinic Walchsee (recommended but not mandatory).
5. Requirements for attaining instructor level:
- candidates must have at least 3 years of experience as Level 3 teachers;
- they must hold a (verifiable) minimum of 2 Level 3 classes a year;
- they must have their technique reviewed by 2 directors (at teachers' meeting);
- they must assist in at least 3 Reviews Level 3, whereof 1 Review must be held autonomously in the presence of a director;
- authorization is granted by the Board for 2 years at a time.
6. Teachers' meeting
- Each teacher must attend a teachers' meeting at least every 2 years.
- Each teacher must attend a teachers' meeting in Walchsee at least every 4 years.